I love all the fresh fruits coming into season! Making homemade jam is so easy and I can’t think of a better way to capture all the fruity flavors. Homemade jams and canned goods also make great gifts, perfect for Mother’s Day, Graduation and Father’s Day.
Here is one of my most favorite and easy jam recipes to share with you!
6 cups blueberries, washed
4 cups white sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
3 oz pouch of fruit pectin
Details and supplies
15 minute prep time
15 minute cook time
canning 30 minutes
Total time – 60 min
Makes/fills 6 1/2 pint jars
Supplies you will need…
large stock pot
smaller pot (for boiling lids)
measuring cup and measuring spoons
ladle or funnel
*note: it is very important to sterilize your jars and lids by boiling them in separate pots, keep jars clean and im
- In large pot heat and mash berries
- Add sugar, lemon and vanilla. Stir constantly and bring to a rolling boil
- Add the fruit pectin, stir constantly, bring back to a boil and continue boiling for one more full minute
- If needed, skim off any excessive foam. Then carefully ladle or spoon the jam into your clear, prepared jars, leaving 1/4 inch at the top of the jar. Reminder: jars cam be hot, handle with care!
- Make sure rims are clean, tap jars to release any air bubbles. Place the lids on the jars.
- To can the jam, place the filled, sealed jars into the large pot of water. Make sure they are submerged at least 1 inch below the water and boil for 10 minutes.
- Use tongs to carefully remove jars from hot water, place on counter and let them cool completely.
- Label and date your jars. Jam should stay fresh and be used within one year. Enjoy and bon appetite!