According to the NIMH, 1 in 4 Americans suffer from a mental health illness. Young adults between the age of 18-25, have the highest mental health rate of 30.6%
How Do you Know if you are not Mentally Well?
- Excessive paranoia, worry, or anxiety.
- Long-lasting sadness or irritability.
- Extreme changes in moods.
- Social withdrawal.
- Dramatic changes in eating and sleeping pattern.
What Causes Mental Health Disorders?
- Genes and family history
- Life experiences, stress, history of abuse, especially during childhood
- Biological factors and chemical imbalances
- A mother’s exposure to viruses or toxic chemicals while pregnant
- Traumatic brain injury
What Could Happen if Mental Health Goes Untreated?
- Unnecessary disability Unemployment
- Substance abuse
- Poor quality of life